My name is Marlena Chertock. I am a sophomore at Elon University. I’m majoring in Journalism, with a Print and Online concentration, and minoring in Non-Violence Studies and Creative Writing.
This is my Web curation blog for my Editing and Design course. I will be posting an assortment of articles, links, videos and information to direct readers to learn more about the Egyptian and Middle East protests of 2011. The democracy protests in Egypt have been going on since Jan. 25, 2011. I will not be doing the reporting for these articles, this blog serves as a collection of articles and other sources of information on this topic.
The Web address for this blog is based off Bob Marley’s “Redemption Song.” I’m greatly influenced by and have a love for revolution songs.
“Won’t you help to sing these songs of freedom.” -Bob Marley, Redemption Song
October 2017 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @JoyAnnReid: Thread. Seriously, you should read this: twitter.com/andykroll/stat… 9 hours ago
- RT @ProPublica: We asked how the Voter Fraud Commission is protecting sensitive data. It's not good: propub.li/2hZ8fLH 10 hours ago
- RT @BroadcomSTEM: Read about #brcmMASTERS finalists - middle schoolers ready to solve tomorrow's global problems twitter.com/mchertock/stat… 13 hours ago
- RT @BroadcomSTEM: Chesapeake bay challenge gets muddy #brcmMASTERS https://t.co/vtSqxXYlmV 15 hours ago
- RT @Society4Science: All the teams’ vehicles work! #brcmMASTERS https://t.co/IwHdzqRyiV 16 hours ago
Talking ’bout a revolutionabuse of power Africa Africa unrest air strikes Anderson Cooper Arab League CNN comentary Committee to Project Journalists corruption Cote dIvoire Cote dIvoire violence democracy dictator Egypt Egyptian protests Egypt protest Egypt protests Egypt protest updates election reform Esquire ex-president former leader graphic Hosni Muburak Huffington Post humanitarian crisis Human Rights Watch humor infographic interactive graphics interactive maps investigation Israel Italy Ivory Coast journalism journalists attacked Lampedusa Lara Logan Libya Libya government Libya protests map may contain offensive material Middle East Middle East protests Middle East unrest Mubarak Muburak Muburak's sons New York Times opinion presidential elections President Mubarak protests Qaddafi reform revolts revolution revolutions shootings Sryia Syria Syrian protests Syria protests The Economist The New York Times timeline Tunisia Tunisia migrants Tunisian immigrants Twitter violence West Africa